05 February 2010

One Week

There are seven days until I get on a plane with Elizabeth to start what is quite possibly the most exciting experience this far in our lives.  There have been months of planning into this trip/semester, but the most crucial work will be done in the next few days.... packing.

Packing has typically never been an issue for me.  I wait until the night before, throw twice as many outfits as I need into my suitcase, and any beauty product I think I may use.  This time, however, I will be packing for ninety days.  I can't take 180 outfits.  There will be a lot of thought into each article of clothing that I pack.



French fashion and customs also will play a part in this feat.  Layering is very important, wearing clothes more than once before washing is important, and looking French is ideal.  A Hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts, and a Goofy hat are far from what Parisian fashion has inspired (however, there is EuroDisney).

So, how will a twenty-year-old girl pack for three months abroad?  By rolling clothes, limiting the number of beloved t-shirts I take, and by using Ziploc bags to save space.  We have been told many times that we will be the only person responsible for carrying our luggage.  This is a time when I don't understand why guys are the strong ones, and girls pack the most. Needless to say, I have boldly decided to limit my luggage to one very large (but within the restrictions of my airline) suitcase, my L.L. Bean backpack, and a purse.  How I will manage this is still a question I am asking myself.

I'm sure Jordan R. will not let me go without mentioning how much I have PLANNED how I will pack.  I have one packing list from Annah K. as well as three notebook pages of what clothes, toiletries, and miscellaneous items I will pack and which bag they will all go in.  The bad thing about all of this planning is that I still feel like I have forgotten things.  I suppose we shall see when I get to Pontlevoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment