16 February 2010

First day of Class

Yesterday was interesting.  Classes started.  My first one isn't until nine twenty, but somehow, I managed to wake up a little before six and not go back to sleep.  I got to talk to a lot of people on facebook chat, so waking up early wasn't a total waste.  I got to see the sunrise too which was the best part of the morning.

When I went to my first class (French 182), I quickly realized that Madame Faur is definitely goig to challenge us.  She said that she would probably or at least try to speak in French the entire time during class.  It will be difficult at first, but I honestly think that will be the best way to go.

Lunch at Le Commerce was great.  After starving on our first day of making our own meals, eating enough food to fill us up was nice!  we had beef and mashed potatoes.



After lunch I had my first rendezvous with Professor Netter.  He turns out to have very differnet views than anyone I have ever met, BUT he can back it up.  During most of his class, we spoke about his veliefs rather than art or Leonardo da Vinci, but his class was very educational.

Annah and I went to a phone booth to try and figure out how to work our calling cards.  While we were in the booth, a French woman knocked on the door of the phone booth holding a poster.  she said something in French, but pointed at the poster and inside the booth so we figured our what she wanted.  We said "Oui" and she opened the door and climbed in with us.  She was not a tiny lady either.  So Annah, the French lady and I are in the tiny phone booth together and the lady starts chatting away in French.  Annah and I looked at each other clueless as to what we should say.  Finally Annah, with the phone in her hand said, "I don't think this is working."  The French lady quit talking, finished taping up the poster, said merci, and left.  When the lady turned the corner, we busted out laughing!  


We had supper at Le Commerce.  Surprisingly, it was hamburgers and fries.  Then we came back for more orientation, which was mostly about travels, then Annah, Jordan, and I discussed our travel plans for the semester!



No comments:

Post a Comment