18 February 2010

First Week Down, Tours to Go!

The first week has flown by!  I feel like I've been going constantly, which I have been.  We've had something to do every night until tonight.  Classes have been going well.  The only one that really worried me was history, but after my second day of it, I have realized that it won't be so hard. 

The  town of Pontlevoy is a very quaint little town.  The age is evident and the town takes pride in the rich history of the region.  There is a bakery right down the road that just opened today.  I got a beignet framboise (raspberry).  It was very good, but they were out of chocolate pastries.  I'm VERY excited about those.  Jordan and I went this afternoon while everyone else went this morning, so the bakery did not have as much when we went. 

Tomorrow everyone is going to Tours for our first 'outing'.  It is a day trip to le Château de Chenonceau and a few other places around the city.  We are going by train from Montrichard which is about 15 minutes away.  After we visit the château, everyone has the option of coming back to the Abbey, staying in Tours, or going somewhere else until Sunday.  A small group of us are staying in Tours.  We are going to do some shopping, hopefully go see Valentine's Day in a theater where they show movies in their original language, and eat some GOOD FOOD!  Professor Netter loves Tours and has told us a lot of different things to do.  He told us about inexpensive stores, a road with about twenty-five restaurants with all different types of food, museums, and opera houses.  It should be an exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment