10 February 2010

The Countdown Continues...

Two and a half more days until I leave.  There is so much to be done before then.  Luckily, I got a lot accomplished today.  I made my last trip to Wally World with my dad and set up my Skype account.  My clothes are washed and rolled, but I can't make myself pack the rest of my things.  It feels too final.  I have always been a last minute packer, so to have everything packed before 8:30 Friday morning seems unorthodox.  I have been advised, however, to pack everything and make sure that I can carry it by myself, so packing must be finished soon.



Packing my clothes seemed to be a breeze.  Then I remembered I had to pack my shoes!  With this recollection, I discovered that my heels are a good place to stuff socks, but fit awkwardly into my luggage.  My black patent flats cannot be smushed unless I want them to be deformed when I take them out.  Thus, I have decided to throw out the black heels (I will not want to walk for hours in them in Paris) and to stuff my socks in my flats instead.  

As my departure date approaches, I, and my fellow Abbey goers, have received many emails pertaining to what to pack, what to do at the airport, and other miscellaneous information.  One might think that these emails can be helpful, but at the same time, they have sent a sense of urgency into our veins.  We received one email about what to say to the security person when going through customs in France.  There were FIVE different bullets of info we should remember to say.  I thought we were going for school, but that answer will apparently not suffice.  We must say what home school we are with, that all our professors are American, and that we will not be working while there, among other things.  Talk about making me freak out!

I never expect there to be this much planning for such a short period of my life.  Though three months is a long time for a vacation, it's not long for a semester.  I honestly think my first semester of college was not this well thought out.  In fact, I know it wasn't. 




1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny! Enjoyed reading about your trip! Sounds like you made it fine and you are going to have a great time! Loved the pictures and keep sending us information about your stay in France. I really would love to see the World War II stuff! Love you and keeping you in my prayers! Have a great time and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete